Beauty Without Fuss

Sunday 22 January 2012

Lipsticks of the week - Pink


 It's that time of the week again, where I show you which lipsticks I've been wearing over the last seven days.  This week the challenge was pink, and these were the pick of the lips:




From left to right, we have:


Tom Ford Pure Pink -  The ur-pink of any lipstick collection, now sadly discontinued.  Damn you, Tom Ford!
Illamasqua Intense Gloss in Belladonna - an amazingly pigmented (if very sticky) gloss, in a beautiful shade of fuchsia.
Estee Lauder Pure Colour in Crystal Rose - a slightly greyed out rose shade, very lovely for a MLBB colour
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess gloss in Wild Orchid - a cerise shade gloss with a blue shimmer flash.  Very lovely colour indeed, that's give me a lemming to wear the matching nail polish today ...
New CID i-pout in Pomegranate -  wonderfully light-textured pale pink, that's just a little on the wrong side of pale for me to wear realistically, but it's a beautiful colour in the bullet.  The packaging lights up. Nice, but an entirely useless gimmick, as the light completely washes out everything it lands on.
Guerlain Rouge G in Georgia - possibly my all-time favourite lipstick of all time.  POSSIBLY.* 


Swatches (first without flash then with)





Loved my pink week, but I'm looking forward to next week's theme, which is mauve.  Yes, MAUVE.


Some outtakes:





What've you been wearing this week?


This post originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved.
Share:

3 comments

  1. Nice pink choices, especially the last 4 (the first 2 as beautiful as they look would be much too bright for me...), Georgia is gorgeous, I agree! For the past couple of days I've been wearing a (pink) La Roche Posay lipstick, strange but true, I had totally forgotten about it and I found it lurking inside one of my bags...don't you just love it when that happens? Like finding a nicely folded 10 pound note inside your wallet: that's a lucky day! Can't wait to see your mauve choices! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belladonna looks stunning. I have to admit, although not always the most practical, I do love a gloopy but mega pigmented gloss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. belladona, belladona, be my beating heart x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig