Beauty Without Fuss

Thursday 5 January 2012

Tom Ford Nail Polish - Bitter Bitch


I splashed out a bit before Christmas, and went a bit crazy at the Tom Ford counter - admittedly, going a bit crazy at the Tom Ford counter can be very hurtful on the old wallet area, but sometimes you just have to, don't you?  I looked at the lipglosses, and simply couldn't decide which I wanted, but I knew I just had to have a nail varnish.  I picked Bitter Bitch (in spite of the name), because I don't have many brown polishes, and this looked like a a nice rich one.

And it is:


A warm brown with reddish tints, I figured this would be a great shade for my new - shorter - nails.

With flash:


Natural light: 


It applies like a dream - the brush is slightly too long for my short nails, which can lead to pooling, but applied carefully, this is great, great polish.  The square lid on the top is removable:





Making for easier application.


It's a creme finish without a hint of shimmer, and three coats makes for a delicious finish:




And again with flash:


Best of all, this stuff wears like iron!  The first time I applied it, it survived cooking Christmas dinner for ten, and was one for the best part of a week without showing any major chippage, but this was with three thin coats.  I've applied it since with just two thicker coats, and it has shown signs of chipping, minor signs, but still.


So, at £25 a throw, they're pricey.  But, as I never reapply the same nail varnish twice in a month, and I've had this one for the best part of a fortnight now (with a two-day break for some Pasha from Zoya - as you can see in the second picture), I think you can safely say that it's love ...


The Fine Print - Purchase.  I bought this AND something else (coming soon), I think I was bamboozled by some unexpectedly good service at the Tom Ford counter in Selfridges ...


This post originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved.
Share:

6 comments

  1. Ooh that is pretty, and an interesting shade. But what a horrid name! It makes me shiver with the misogyny of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Despite the name this was the colour I was most interested in. Although I'm going to see how long I can go this year without buying nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a very pretty shade... ugh but the name is not... still I might purchase it if I come upon it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not terribly bothered by the name of this - Francois still has my O RLY award for Deep Throat.

    I like the colour, and when I had my nails painted in Black Orchid at the event for that set last (2010) Christmas, it wore like iron for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous colour!!

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will definitely be one of the next TF purchases for me. Love the colour and I'm impressed with how well they wear. I posted about Bordeaux Lust... you get a mention in there too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig