Beauty Without Fuss

Sunday 15 January 2012

Lipstick of the Week - Red


 Last week, I set myself the challenge of only wearing red lipstick for the next seven days.  Here's how I got on:



Clockwise from bottom:


Smashbox Limitless Lipstain in Sangria - this is a beautiful deep, deep red stain that doesn't turn fuchsia on the lips, I love it, but wish it lasted longer. It's not a real stain in the way most others are.
Chanel Rouge Allure in Flash - A limited edition Chanel lipstick from many (too many to mention) years ago, this is covered in silver leaf, but it's a deep blood-red underneath, and this is the lipstick most responsible for my red lipstick addiction in the first place.
Benetint - Possibly the best known product from Benefit.  On it's own, it's a cool rose shade, but, I layered it with the Benetint Balm right next to it to deepen the colour.
Ila in Arabian Knights - A rich deep red balm.  I love it, and wear it very, very often.
Guerlain Rouge G in Geisha - The lipstick that is responsible for my obsession with Rouge G's generally.  The perfect packaging, the glorious texture, and this is a beautiful bright, bright red.
Korres Lipgloss in Cherry - Perfect for red-haters, this is a light cherry red gloss, it wears pretty well, and doesn't dry my lips out.

Here are swatches, with flash, and without:




Different reds for different occasions there - did you join me in wearing red this week?


Next week: PINK.




This post originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved.
Share:

2 comments

  1. absolutely love the lighting on your photos, clever sifted with the blinds, love it
    liloo/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lipstick covered in silver leaf?! That is just beyond decadent, and I wouldn't expect any less from Chanel. Great post! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig