Beauty Without Fuss

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Marie Claire Blog & Twitter Awards


Vote for me button
"They"* say that good news comes in threes, and Get Lippie has recently had three mega bits of good news -  the first one of which was the discovery that last week I was nominated for both "Best Beauty Blog" and "Best Beauty Twitter" in the Marie Claire blogging awards!  I'll share the other two bits of good news with you as soon as I'm able to, I promise!  I'm extremely excited about what's in store for Get Lippie this year!

It would be a mild understatement to say that I'm a bit conflicted - okay, actually totally conflicted - on the subject of magazine awards for blogging in general (but that's definitely a post for another time), but as the longlist of nominees was drawn up entirely from votes from readers , I thought it would be churlish not to mention it.

I was having some serious motivational issues with regards to getting back into blogging at the start of the month, and I can't deny that being nominated for the award has really helped me get back into my blogging groove (in spite of my torn feelings on the matter), so - even though I most likely won't win - I want to thank everyone who voted for me and got me onto the longlist in the first place.  You're aces,  no really, you are.  Have I mentioned how great your hair looks today? 

As for the reason I won't win, well, it's because I'm telling everyone to vote for BeautyMouth, innit?  Think having the 'Mouth herself run the Marie Claire twitter account would be the funniest thing EVER.

You know it makes sense ...

* Yeah, I've no idea who "they" are, either.

This post originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved.
Share:

1 comment

  1. I'd pay good money to see both of you tweeting for MC. I really would

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig