Beauty Without Fuss

Thursday 19 August 2010

Chanel Autumn Collection - Eyeliners Cassis & Clair


You all Chanel-ed out yet?  Well, I'm not, but this is the last one for a couple of days, I promise! I had seriously promised myself that I'd only been going to get the eyeshadows I showed you yesterday, but when I swatched these, I had to have them too.  (I bought Paradoxal because, well, even I get swept along in the hype sometimes)


The waterproof liner in Cassis is a gorgeous dark purple shade, perfect for green eyes.  It's dark enough to appear black from a distance, but just gives you a tiny pop of purple along the lashes, I love it.  It's very smudgeproof, I had a swatch on my hand for about 8 hours on the day I bought this, and it did not move! It's an automatic propelling pencil (about a third shorter than the Khol, for some reason), but I love that it has a built-in sharpener at the end.


 Clair is a nude skin shade made specifically for use on the waterline, to make your eyes look brighter. It's a traditional khol pencil, that comes complete with a sharpener (as all Chanel pencils do).  It's not as soft as I would have expected, but this isn't, actually, a bad thing.  Some nude liners can be very soft, and this can lead to you applying a little too much which can make you look a little odd ...


It's not too white, which is nice.  Here's how it looks on the waterline:



Can you guess which eye is which?  Would you use a nude liner?
Share:

8 comments

  1. I really like the nude liner on your eyes, pretty! Illamasqua do a similar one and I've been eyeing that since ages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swatched these in Boots today and was quite intrigued by Clair - I was expecting it to be softer and was surprised when it was quite hard and difficult to swatch on my hand. But you're right, I suppose it's better for use on the waterline. I'd like to try this - I bought Gosh Bananas because everyone was talking about how great it was to brighten the waterline but you can't even see it on me! And white's too much so this could be a great alternative.x
    http://stelliestellina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. I love the concept of a nude eyeliner, unfortunately I cannot get anything close to my waterline or else tears come flooding.

    It's so embarrassing when I get makeovers. My eyes turn red and start twitching.

    Looks pretty on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jemma Kidd does one that I use - I went mad when she was first on QVC, and this was the only product I didn't send back. My only problem is that if you get any nude liner on your lower lashes, it looks like a bad case of eyelash dandruff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm quite interested in Cassis (it's my purple obsession) is it non-shimmery? I like the look of the nude liner too, like Get Gawjus I've been interested in the Illamasqua one for ages. Maybe this would be a good alternative. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My problem with the glory that is Cassis is the quantity/value of it. Yes, I expect it to be more because it is Chanel, but for it to only be .01oz, instead of at least .02oz, and $28USD, that's a bit much - even for a devoted "perfect plum" huntress such as myself.
    I will stick w/ my Lancome "Prune" for now, as the hunt continues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The nude liner looks great and makes a good alternative to using a pure white kohl pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd definitely wear a nude liner. In fact, I'd love to use a off white one rather than a nude, or maybe a stronger more pigmented nude. this one is a tad too natural nude for me. I'd love an alternative to the stark white i always use, and that i am addicted to xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig