Beauty Without Fuss

Friday 20 August 2010

Chanel Taupe Grise & Khaki Vert Applied

For all those complaining (ha ha!) that I've not done any FotDs for a while, here's two for the price of one:


I wanted to show you the difference between the two shades, apologies for the differences in lighting conditions!  On the left there is Taupe Grise, and on the right is Khaki Vert.  Both are applied over a Trish McEvoy eyeshadow base, and I've used Guerlain Lingerie De Peau foundation - review to follow next week!  Lipstick in both pics is Edward Bess Secret Desire, and the picture on the left is slightly more colour-accurate for that.

I hate both of these pictures, but on the plus side, I think I've figured out which is my best side.

Fine Print of the week (for those who were asking, who knew disclaimers could get fan mail?): I bought everything you've seen from Chanel this week. Unless you're MrLippie, in which case, it was a present from the makeup fairies*.
*Debenhams**
**No responsibility can be taken if Debenhams isn't actually staffed by fairies.***
***Mine isn't either, but the assistant did give me a badge.  Like the ones you used to get from the Dentist, but this one reads "I survived a visit to Westfield today". ****
****Gifts With Purchase really aren't what they used to be, are they?*****
*****I'm done now, please stop reading.
Share:

7 comments

  1. Ooh, lovely! I can't wait to hear about Lingere de Peau too. I'm hoping to get a look at it today. It sounds so science-y, well unless you read the translated flowery description, and I really want to know what the texture feels like.

    I'm off to look at your non-FOTD review of these shadows now. I'm so behind on my blog reading.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear about Lingere de Peau too - I feel as if I have reached the age, you know the one when TM just doesn't do the biz any more, so am becoming a grownup and looking into foundation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this - everything about this post :) Especially finding your good side, lol. And I love the bit about the fairies.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The disclaimers are too funny!

    Fab eyeshadows, both look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huzzah for nested footnotes..!

    (That's all. I don't really have anything intelligent to add. I just got a great grin out of the nested footnotes :D )

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, these fine prints are hilarious! that made me chuckle, and hurray for fotds. i like both shadows x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig