Beauty Without Fuss

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Tom Ford Indian Rose Lipstick - Swatches & Comparisons


So, yesterday, I said I bought Scarlet Rouge and Indian Rose.  Today I'll show you Indian Rose in depth.  A rosy nude shade, with almost invisible (on the lips) micro shimmer,  Indian Rose is a little easier for me to wear than the old nude shades in the private collection range of lipsticks, a lot of which leaned a little too beige for them to be easily wearable for a lot of people, if you ask me.


Indian Rose is very similar in appearance to Pink Dusk (which is still available in the new line-up), but it's a little darker, and a little less beige when swatched:


With Flash

No Flash
As you can see, in the bullet, Indian Rose appears just a tad darker, and has a hint of shimmer that Pink Dusk lacks.  In the swatches, however, the difference is a little more pronounced:




It is definitely pinker, and darker, and the shimmer adds a bit more depth to the shade, but it's not really a "shimmer" shade, as such.   Also, it's definitely still a nude, even though it appears very dark on my skin here.  The lip swatches show this better:





I admit that I do, at times, find Pink Dusk difficult to wear, if my makeup isn't exactly right, the slightly yellow base to the shade can make me look a bit "corpse-y", so Indian Rose is a good addition to my collection, as it'll be a little more neutral, and thus a little more versatile.


The new formula appears to be just as creamy as the old, and is just as pigmented.  This makes me happy.

The Fine Print: Purchase.


This post originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved.
Share:

4 comments

  1. Looks like a perfect neutral on you. I love rosey nudes with a bit of colour in them, and ADORE the original TF lippies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink Dusk is only gorgeous! Im a lippy fanatic but have yet to purchase a Tom Ford lipstick! Ill put it on my xmas list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of TF make up - after all he makes my most favourite perfume ever (Black orchid) so he must be a man of many talents! I just cannot justify spending so much money on one product!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comparison--Indian Rose looks great on you. I have always wanted to try a TF lipstick in a more subtle color, but I thought Pink Dusk would be too light and beige on me, based on the swatches I have seen online. Indian Rose looks like it could just about work.

    I really resisted spending so much on a lipstick (I have a couple in the ivory/gold packaging), but Red Smoke very quickly became a favorite. Too bad it (and Bruised Plum, my other fave) won't be in the new lipstick lineup. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig