Beauty Without Fuss

Thursday 7 January 2010

Nail of the Day - Chanel Kaleidescope



This shimmering metallic taupe/pewter was a limited edition from Chanel in 2008, the above pic shows two coats over a Seche base and with a Seche Vite top coat. Application is smooth with no streaking, but as it's a metallic you do tend to get visible brush marks.






As for the colour - I'm not sure I like it, there were lots of raves about it at the time, but I think it's actually a really difficult colour to wear as it highlights any pink you might have whatsoever in your fingers, and
makes it look like you have a nasty case of dishpan hands. At least, that's how I feel about it. This is only the second time I've tried it, and it's doubtful there will be a third.

What do you think?
Share:

6 comments

  1. Hmmm I saw pics of this on a nail swatch site and really liked it but I don't think it's anything special now. I don't like silver/pewter polish shades as I don't think they're particularly flattering on any skintone. I also think the original poster must have had a deceiving camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that looks rather lovely actually! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might agree with you, it's a pretty colour but it does make your fingers look a bit pink. I have a similar shade that does the same thing to me - wonder if there's anyone they flatter?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah I get what you mean - alien fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree; not feeling this one. It seems quite dated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was really tempted, but I think I'm glad I decided to wait for Particuliere. I know what you mean - it's nearly good, but not quite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig