Beauty Without Fuss

Wednesday 8 April 2015

ByTerry Ombre Blackstar eyeshadow sticks


I mentioned yesterday that my makeup routine takes me around five minutes, and it does.  Some days, I can barely be bothered applying makeup at all, and so a little liquid liner and a bright, bright lipstick is all I do, over a CC cream, or something. On the days when I want a stronger look, I increasingly find myself reaching for eyeshadow sticks, as they're pretty foolproof, and I am both lazy and a cackhanded muppet.



Here we have ByTerry's cult favourite Ombre Blackstar eyeshadow sticks in Midnight Forest, a deep, deep blackened green, plus Ombre Mercure, a greyish taupe, and Black Pearl a shimmering softly glittering black.

Closeup of Ombre Mercure
I like these because they give a multi-dimensional glow to the eyelids, making it look like you've spent a lot more time on your eyeshadow than you actually have done, and, whilst I might be lazy, I don't want to look sloppy.


Here you can see there are subtle hints of bronze in the green, but the taupe is pretty much a universal shade.  I like to use Black Pearl and Midnight Forest as thick liners, applying close to the lashes, then smudging out over the mobile lid.  Ombre Mercure I use more as a traditional eyeshadow, and wear with a separate liner.


They're gloriously smudgy, and blend beautifully, but they do eventually set, and will stay in place most of the day.  I do experience some creasing after a particularly long day, but that is easily rectified by just re-blending with a fingertip.  You can wear them over primer too, which increases their opacity, and decreases smudging, but I rarely bother.

However, they are glittery, especially Black Pearl.  You will end up with glittery lids. I normally abhor glitter - especially on nails for some reason, and bar glitter actually makes me feel a bit sick - but eye crayons like this are about the one thing I'll make an exception for, convenience trumps sparkle!

byTerry Ombre Blackstar eyeshadows are £29 each and are available from SpaceNK. I am just miffed they never EVER have the purple one in stock whenever I visit ...


The Fine Print: Purchases.  Look there was a sale on, okay?  And I had a voucher.  Any rumours that I had to sell a kidney to buy these are completely unfounded.

The Even Finer Print: We're not featuring full fragrance reviews on Get Lippie at the moment owing to illness - please see The Parosmia Diaries for more.


This post: ByTerry Ombre Blackstar eyeshadow sticks originated at: Get Lippie All rights reserved. If you are not reading this post at Get Lippie, then this content has been stolen by a scraper


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig