Beauty Without Fuss

Friday 16 August 2013

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood



I have literally spent months trying to track this bloody thing down.  Every SpaceNK I visit, I stare forlornly at the hole where Mood (and Diffused) are supposed to be, and then turn, dejected, back out to the street after yet another fruitless shopping trip.  FINALLY I managed to track this one down on Liberty.  I'm still on the lookout for Diffused, btw, so if you find anywhere that has it, please, please, please let me know!


This one, however, is Mood, a light lavender powder designed to brighten most skintones.  I'm prone to (admittedly very pale) sallowness, particularly when extremely tired, and this helps perk me back up.   


The Ambient Light powders are milled incredibly finely, and don't contain any opaque pigments so they're rather light and ethereal on the skin.  I find they they do give a "polished" look to the skin, and they have a rather glowy finish, so you need to apply sparingly.


Here you can see it swatched heavily on the right, and blended out on the left of my hand, and you can see the sort of finish you will get. I use this most days, in particular over tinted moisturiser.  I like the brush too (although you have to buy it separately and it's £30), and it's great for diffusing the powder across the skin.

I prefer this to more traditional powders, as it never looks cakey, and doesn't look like you're wearing any makeup at all, which is the greatest thing you can get from your makeup.

Now, if only I could find the yellow Diffused version .... 

The Fine Print: Purchases.

This post: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood originated at: Get Lippie All rights reserved. If you are not reading this post at Get Lippie, then this content has been stolen by a scraper
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig