Beauty Without Fuss

Monday 25 October 2010

Tom Ford Lipstick - Pure Pink



£35. For a lipstick. Even I, who will quite happily shell out a whopping £25 a throw for a new Guerlain Rouge G (review of a new one of those coming up soon, btw) every now and again, am thinking that £35 is just a little OTT. For a lipstick.

But, this isn't just any lipstick. This is a Tom Ford lipstick, and for all I know is made from precious dyes hand-extracted by virgins at the fullest of full moons, rare waxes to be found only in the magical village of Brigadoon, and then pressed into the moulds by the great man himself. They're not of course (they're made by Lauder Group), but they are pretty damn fine all the same. Soft to apply, richly pigmented and moisturising on the lips, they are a treat.






An expensive treat, admittedly. I'm amusing myself by figuring out, every time I wear it, the cost per wear, which is currently £2.92 at the time of writing (or £2.916 recurring if you want to be precise). Look, we accountants have to amuse ourselves somehow!

The main draw for me is the colour of this one, a cool, BRIGHT pink, this is a happy shade. A confident shade, and one I love wearing.






It's not glossy, but lips are saturated with colour that lasts (and lasts), but it will coat cups glasses and pens in pigment too, every time you eat or drink.

Overall: Do I think these are overpriced? Hell yes. Am I thinking of buying another? Dammit, I am. More than one, in fact, despite having been underwhelmed when I saw the line initially. I think the secret ingredient in these is crack.

Tom Ford: evil genius. Pass it on.
Share:

8 comments

  1. It looks gorgeous! Where can you buy Tom Ford lipsticks in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the colour is amazing!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tweeted the other day that I desperately want one of these but am finding it hard to justify the cost. At least now I know how much it costs per wear and lets be honest, it doesn't seem so bad that way.

    Counts out pennies.

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! I want it! ♥

    www.madeupbyhannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. it hurts the purse but it's gorge.
    one word: kissable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! Crack is the secret ingredient. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig