Beauty Without Fuss

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Le Metier de Beaute - Le Cirq Kaleidoscope



This is the latest limited edition kaleidoscope palette from Le Metier de Beaute and it's currently available from Selfridges.  I finally saw it in the flesh last week and simply couldn't resist snapping it up.  Costing £65, it consists of (from top to bottom) a glorious almost duo-chrome grey/stone (Flamboyantes), a mauvish-taupe (Spectacle), burgundy (Enrichissant) , and a great matte purple/navy (Dynamique) at the bottom.

The top three shades are gloriously soft and blendable, and the matte blurple is very soft too, the shadows apply with no dragging or pulling, and even without a base are surprisingly long-wearing. Using the Le Metier "couches de couleurs" layering technique, you get a surprisingly wearable and unique shade, quite unlike any other effect.  I adore this palette.

I also had a look at the Le Metier/Marchesa collection, and there's a lipduo I think I have to have in La Figue/La Raisin but at £25 for two - tiny! - lipglosses, I'm afraid I couldn't make the leap into paying for it.  The Marchesa compacts are deeply pretty, but I avoid mixed (powder and cream) palettes like the plague, finding them too prone to giving you sticky powders and powdery creams after a while in usage, not pretty, and not nice.

I adore the Le Cirque palette, however, if you decide to splurge make sure you check your palette carefully.  When I unwrapped mine, I noticed there was a ding in the burgundy:


I wasn't happy.  Then when I went to use the shade properly, I saw that the shadow was damaged even more badly than I fiirst thought:

 (Click to enlarge)


I'd have been miffed - yes, miffed! - enough if this had happened with something costing a tenner, but in a palette costing £65?  Not cool.  Not cool at all...
Share:

8 comments

  1. So glad you posted about this as I have been lusting after it for ages! I might have to send my London dwelling brother off in search of it. I had been hoping to see it on Liberty online but it has yet to appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this and the colours look stunning, but I feel like it wouldn't be convenient to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful and I think it's quite similar to the one I had a play with that time we were in Liberty. I'm trying to decide whether I should plump for this or the Chatecaille Tigers palette as my last purchase before a dry spell. Hmmmmm......decisions, decision!

    The dint is not cool. I find when it has cracked like that it makes the shadow more likely to crack and crumble.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lippie
    I got the Kaleidoscope as well last week, and I absolutely adore it! It's such a shame about the dent though, do you think you might be able to return it? I also got the Bali lipgloss and was offered the black liquid eye liner as a GWP. I am now very seriously considering the Peau Vierge tinted moisturiser...
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you do when you break a blusher? I am a bit of a make-up dunce but this post reminded me that I have just dropped a lovely palette on my bathroom tiles and it is now a shattered mess. Do pass on your tips to a beauty blogger who is really quite clueless. Ta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're the second blogger I've seen with this palette who has a ding in the same color. I wonder if it's an issue with the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want that palette so much I think I might spontaneously combust if I don't get it soon :) I keep checking the selfridges website to see if they add it but no, so think I may have to mail order it.
    That is so annoying about the dent, I always get really irked if I buy something and its got a scratch/dent in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig