Beauty Without Fuss

Monday 18 July 2011

Nails, Nails, Nails


Lots of people have been asking me about my nails recently, so I thought I'd share my new discovery!  About six weeks ago, my nails looked like the picture above.  This is what they look like now:



Index finger aside (which I keep shorter for contact lens-related reasons), there's quite a difference!  There's also a bit of staining, but I'll gloss over (ha ha!) that ...

I get an occasional manicure, and Zoran at Equus has been raving about Nailtiques for months, because he's a firm believer that nails need protein, so, after a uhming and ahing about it for a while, I finally bit the bullet and bought a bottle.  And, I love it.  I've been using it as a basecoat (I did read the instructions on the bottle, which say to use it as a treatment, without polish, but, I ... er... ignored them) for the last month or so, and my nails have been virtually indestructible since.

You need to mix the ingredients in Formula 2 (which is for weak, peeling or splitting nails) gently, then apply a thin coat to the nails, taking care not to get any on your skin.  I find it dries really quickly, and gives a great base for varnish to cling to. 

I bought my bottle of Nailtiques from Beauty Bay, which cost me £15.50, and it's a bargain, as I've since seen it at Garden Pharmacy costing £19.95 for the same 15ml bottle.  I'm also taking a course of Imedeen hair and nails, so I'm hoping that between the two, my nails will stay like this for a while now ...
Share:

5 comments

  1. Wow, that's amazing. I'll have to give it a try as I long for indestructible nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails are so long! Just been given a bottle of this stuff so still in the process of trying it out. Hopefully get as good results as you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing difference. I've been taking the vitamin Biotin for a couple of years now for nail and hair growth. I take 2500-5000 mcg a day. I also take a B Complex supplement. The combination has made my hair grow faster and thicker and has caused my nails to get as hard as acrylics. Literally. And they grow like weeds. It's also less expensive than buying a dedicated 'hair and nail' concoction, which is less potent to boot.

    If you have weak, peeling nails, I highly recommend you try it!

    Thanks for the review!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. buying immediately! im the queen of tearing the ends of my nails and having to chop them all short! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a hooooooge difference!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig