Beauty Without Fuss

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Guerlain Christmas 2013 - Rouge G in Provocative.


All this week I'm featuring the "Crazy Paris" collection from Guerlain this Christmas.  Yesterday, I featured the Sulfurous nail polish and UV topcoat, and today it's the turn of the Rouge G from the collection, in Provocative.


I mentioned last week that I love a Rouge G (or seven),  and this one is no disappointment either.  Given a black coat of glossy lacquer, and with a neon pink button, I think this might be my favourite packaging of the entire collection.  It's reminiscent of the summer collection from a couple of years ago, but those had a silver button rather than pink.  So, what's inside?


A glorious pink.  Pink took over as my favourite lipstick shade a good while ago, and this is a great medium pink.  Highly saturated in shade, but neither too cool or warm, it's a good, extremely versatile colour that I think would suit all manner of skintones (I'd love to see this on some very dark or deeply tanned skins).  I'm still currently sporting my winter shade of pale blue, owing to trialling a number of factor 50 suncreams recently, and I like the contrast between the pale skin and bright lipstick, as you can see below.


You can see the skin on my hands makes the colour seem a little bluer than it will look on darker skins, but on my rather pigmented lips, it's not quite so cool, and pulls more neutral. It very definitely isn't a "hot" pink, however.


It has the same great Rouge G formula, being soft and moisturising, and rather featherlight in wear.  The lasting power is average, reaching 4-6 hours, depending on what you eat and drink whilst wearing it.

It'll be £36 pounds (yowch!) and launches November 1st. 

This post: originated at: Get Lippie All rights reserved. If you are not reading this post at Get Lippie, then this content has been stolen by a scraper
Share:

2 comments

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig