Beauty Without Fuss

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Guerlain Christmas 2013 - Les Meteorites "Crazy Pearls".


All this week, I'm featuring my picks of the Guerlain "Crazy Paris" Collection for Christmas 2013.  On Monday, I showed you the nail varnish in Sulfurous and the UV topcoat, and yesterday, it was the turn of the new Rouge G in Provocative

Today it's the turn of what is the cornerstone of any Guerlain Christmas collection, Les Meteorites Perles:

Thankfully back in a tin pot this year (I hate the cardboard pots of perles that occasionally get released, if you're spending £37 on a pot of face powder - and you are - then you want it to last), it's black-laquered, and it is adorned with the words "Champs Elysees" embossed in neon letters around the sides.  Whilst I love the black and pink that is the signature of this collection, I have to admit that I'm not a massive fan of this particular tin this year, I much prefer the sleeker styling of the Meteorites Perles de Nuit from Christmas 2011.  This is ... whilst I hesitate to actually say it's tacky, I'm think I'm going to have to say that it's a  ... bit tacky.  So there.


Right, having got that off my chest, let's take a look at the perles, eh?


New to the mix this year is a "tangy" pink, cool toned, it mixes with the gold, white, lavender and beige of the rest of the perles quite well:


It's quite a bright pot this year!  They're still delightfully scented with violets, and give the same "airbrush" finish that you get with the normal perles.  They're not coloured enough to act as a blusher, and don't appear pink on the skin.


I tried my best to swatch the perles, but this is a hiding to nothing, as you can see below:


I always have a pot of Les Meteorites on the go, they're easy to dip into, I adore the smell, and love the airbrushed, non-cakey effect. But, whilst it might be a collectors item, I'm not a huge fan of the tin.  Still, you don't wear the tin, eh?

What do you think of the packaging this year?


This post: Guerlain Christmas 2013 - Les Meteorites "Crazy Pearls". originated at: Get Lippie All rights reserved. If you are not reading this post at Get Lippie, then this content has been stolen by a scraper
Share:

6 comments

  1. Great review, however like you I don't like the packaging of this years collection either! I'm so relieved, for once the guerlain holiday collection won't make me want everything! I think knowing how beautiful the meteorites packaging they put out usually is a lot of people will skip this one and wait for the spring collection if neccessary? At least that's what I would do.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better a tacky tin than a cardboard box that I can dog ear and crush! Is the top pretty secure? I had a meteorites/floor interface problem in a hotel once, I'm sure they've managed to get the pink out of the floor tiles by now.

    BEAUTY HULK SMASH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, that packaging would put me off. It looks like something that would be on a teenage girl's dresser in the 80s. Not that I'm not fond of a bit of 80s nostalgia, but definitely not £37 fond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the packaging.. it's unique and stands out. I think that they don't want to fall in the same packaging routine every year, and since this collection is deemed "crazy" they want it to stand out a little.

    I quite like it! This and a few of the new lipsticks will be on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the colour scheme, it's just the writing I think I don't like. But, I'm really glad other people do like it!

      Delete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig