Beauty Without Fuss

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Guest Post - NARS Orgasm Nail Polish

I'm utterly delighted that my first guest blogger of my holiday is the wonderful Helen from Just Nice Things, not only does she have "nails of iron", she was one of my blogging inspirations when I first started Get Lippie, and I'm very happy that she's become one of my best friends in the blogging world and in real life, too.  She's responsible for many of my nail varnish lemmings - and she's the reason for why my nail varnish collection has gone from about 20 bottles, to about 150, which is why, much as I love her, my bank manager doesn't ...

Anyhoo, Helen's going to talk to us about yet another flanker for the cult NARS blush in  Orgasm, on with the show, Helen!

*****

I don't think there are many products that received as much hype as the Nars Orgasm blusher and illuminator. And let me let you in on a secret. I only recently got my mitts on a tube of it. I know, massive Nars fan that I am, I should be ashamed of myself. But there you go.



I do, however, own the nail varnish of the same name, which was sent to me as one of the "free" gifts that Nars occasionally do when you spank your life's savings on an online order. This is a mini version of the polish, don't fret, my hands haven't suddenly grown immensely overnight.
I'm just not sure what to make of this. I really wanted it to be an opaque polish. But it isn't. You're seeing three coats here, with a fourth one on the little finger, just to see what happened.



I didn’t want to do any more, because it is a mini and I didn't want to use most of it up on one manicure. I do think that this would work well over a co-ordinating peach base coat though so I need to have a rummage through my stash and see if something like that exists so that I can test it out.



I do rather like the finish of this polish. It is an orange toned peach jelly that flashes yellow and gold in some lights. In the dim morning light as I was driving to work this morning, I could barely see the visible nail line, and as such was astounded at just how pretty this was. It is more delicate and girly than I am used to, but I enjoyed wearing it. Only for a day though - I was craving darks again by the end of the evening.

What do you think? Does the famous "multiple" translate well to nails? As a side note by the way, a man I work with (the one and only Sam, who regular Just Nice Things readers know and love), who never ever comments on my nails actually volunteered that he quite liked this. Hmmm.

Helen

*****


Get Lippie says: Only one thing springs to mind, Helen: Nick O'Teen!



This post originated at: http://getlippie.com/ All rights reserved.
Share:

3 comments

  1. I got the Orgasm nail polish almost two years ago, and my experience with it was similar to yours. The shade is beautiful, but I was hoping it would be a lot more opaque. It would have been perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame it's not opaque. It's pretty enough but I struggle with more than two coats. Thanks for the review Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a shame they didnt do it opaque. looks gorgeous in the bottle but not as luscious on the nail. nothing that a undercoat of nude or white can fix it but couldnt justify the expense if I need to do a heavy undercoat first. models own golden peach will have to be my nars orgasm polish x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig