Beauty Without Fuss

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner Pencils


If yesterday's £20 a pencil eyeliners were too rich for your blood, how does four for a tenner grab you?
 
I was idly browsing the Avon website a few weeks ago, and I noticed that they had their gel eyeliners on offer at £2.50 each, so I snapped a couple or four up, in plum, khaki, steel and bronze, and I'm very glad I did.  They're a bargain even at full price of £6 each, and, to my mind, they're just as good as the Armani ones I showed you yesterday. Nicer, possibly, as these have a lovely metallic sheen that is better than the slightly flat shades of the Armani pencils.


Again, these are one pass on clean, dry, unprimed skin.  On checking the pics against the ones I showed yesterday, I have to admit that there is slightly less pigment in the Avon pencils, but at this price, that's to be expected.  But the shades are complex, with just a hint of micro-shimmer, which can be very flattering.

They last, however, just as well as pencils costing a lot more, and they don't run or flake during the day.  They're velvety soft on application though, and simply will not drag on the skin.

A bargain at twice the price.  These shades aren't showing on the Avon website though - but they do now have the black, which they didn't when I was buying, so if you can't afford Armani, then snap these babies up!



The Fine Print: Bought and purchased with the pennies I earn from my day job. I do have a day job, I'm an accountant, but I used to be an Avon Lady.  Have I mentioned that before?  Grateful thanks go to today's mystery swatching hand ...
This post originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved.
Share:

9 comments

  1. I THINK (not totally sure) I spotted you getting on a tube at Green Park at about half 9 this morning! I didn't run up and say say hi or tell you I love your blog, on the grounds that a) it's a bit stalkerish, and b) my make up looked like shit which somehow seemed against the etiquette of meeting a beauty blogger! I do love your blog though, so there you go! Thank you for the eyeliner comparison :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. (and feel free not to publish that comment if it was you, and you would rather people didn't know you live/work in London) :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of these and they're possibly the best pencil eyeliner I've ever used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! good bargain hunting Detective Lippie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I may just have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the only eyeliners I'll use - they are awesome (and I rarely use that word!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must get my hands on those eventually, they're gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look lovely, the copper one especially!

    I think Avon have some real gems. There is definitely quite a bit of crap and 'meh' items but then I guess that's to be expected with such a vast array of products...

    Will deffo check these out :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. They do have them on Avon online but they sell out quick so its a case of one day they are there the next they arent. I snapped up 3 of the Khaki last week... love that shade!

    Only thing is for contact lens wearers there is some minor irritation and clouding if worn on the waterline!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig