Beauty Without Fuss

Friday 20 September 2013

Guest Post by Kitty at Not A Nose - Home Keratin Treatment 2

A month ago I tested this kit that I purchased on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brazilian-Straightening-Blow-Dry-Keratin-Treatment/dp/B003YUEF7C and wrote about it for Get Lippie. So how is it now?
Well, the super-straight wore off after a week, so I’m left with hair that looks more like ‘my’ hair, but more under control. This photo is my hair the day after I left it to dry naturally. As you can see the wave has returned but it isn’t as frizzy.



I’ve noticed lots of positives about the treatment:-
  • My hair does not frizz up as quickly, normally the day after washing my hair just starts getting bigger and fuzzier (see the last picture on this post for an example http://getlippie.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/guest-post-charles-worthington-straigh.html)
  • I don’t suffer from terrible helmet hair after I’ve been horseriding, and I now dare return to the office after sneaking off for a lunchtime lesson, rather than having to hide my bad, sweaty hair shame at home.
  • When I can be bothered to straighten it, the process feels a lot quicker.
  • It seems to suffer from humidity based frizzing less. So I went on a drizzly night after straightening my hair, and it stayed straight the whole night.

Negatives of the treatment:-
  • It slightly limits your choice of shampoo and conditioner, as you have to avoid Sodium Chloride.
  • It takes quite a while to apply, but in some ways you’re spending 1.5 hours on one night to save you lots of little bits of time over the subsequent month.

Will I be doing this kit again? Hell yes! (and not just because I’ve got half a jar left!) I’ve liked having better than normal hair for a month, and I can only hope it keeps going for another month.

You can find more writing by Kitty at http://notanose.wordpress.com/


This post: Guest Post by Kitty at Not A Nose - Home Keratin Treatment 2 originated at: Get Lippie All rights reserved. If you are not reading this post at Get Lippie, then this content has been stolen by a scraper
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig