Beauty Without Fuss

Monday 29 July 2013

Guerlain Autumn 2013 Rouge Gs - Madame Reve, Madame Flirte, Madam Batifole




I recently posted that I was really looking forward to the new autumn collection from Guerlain, and last week, I was lucky enough to be able to pick up the Rouge G's from the Violette de Madame collection a little bit early.  There's very little that makes me happier than a brand new Rouge G ... 


There are three new shades, Madame Reve, a soft, sheer medium pink, Madame Flirte, a soft, slightly warm red, with a light dusting of gold shimmer, and Madame Batifole, a fuchsia pink.   As soon as I saw the promo shots, I knew these were for me!


They're clad in the same classic housing as the regular Rouge G lipsticks, this time with a "fishnet" effect. 

Daylight

Flash

The texture is the same soft, rich and creamy formulation  that I've come to know and love, not as firm as a Tom Ford lipstick, but not quite as balmy as a Chantecaille Lip Chic, these are moisturising, and (Reve aside), fairly pigmented.

Daylight 
 
Flash  
They're softly glossy, and easy to wear.  By far the most pigmented is Madame Batifole (which, not entirely coincidentally, is my favourite), but Reve and Flirte are both great everyday shades.  Batifole is rather dramatic, and if your tolerance for dramatic lipsticks is lower than mine it'll make a great evening shade.


Here's how they look on my rather unevenly pigmented lips:




Yes, at £31 each, they're not cheap, but a Rouge G is a thing of beauty forever.  They'll be on counter August 1st.

This post: Guerlain Autumn 2013 Rouge Gs - Madame Reve, Madame Flirte, Madam Batifole originated at: Get Lippie All rights reserved. If you are not reading this post at Get Lippie, then this content has been stolen by a scraper
Share:

2 comments

  1. Oh my, they look a little bit special. Not sure I could spend that money but they look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty,all shades look lovely on you, for me I am leaning towards Reve :) I'll be interested to see the collection as the reviews so far for the blusher and shadows seem rather mixed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig