Beauty Without Fuss

Monday 6 December 2010

Chanel Ombre D'eau Splash and Torrent Comparison

 
 When I wrote this post recently, one of my wonderful regular readers (the always-lovely Modesty Brown) commented that she thought the colour would be less bronze, so I thought a comparison to the decidedly khaki Torrent as released earlier on in the year would be useful, so here goes:






As you can see, whilst both shades do have a decidedly bronze-y cast to them, Splash is definitely more on the grey side, whilst Torrent runs khaki.  However, Splash is only "taupe" in the same way that Chanel's recent "Taupe Gris" eyeshadow is.  Which is to say, not taupe at all, rather more grey-purple, and not quite as brown as a true taupe.

That said, it fits in very well with my love of sludge-shades and both of these shadows are in regular rotation in my makeup routine.  I wish there was more love for these shadows out there, they're great!
Share:

2 comments

  1. Hello! That is really useful. Torrent is lovely, the khaki tone to it is very appealing. I ended up getting Splash, I wore it with Satin Taupe. It's a bit dark/bronze for a taupe but I like it all the same. I'm very pleased you piqued my interest in these eyeshadows :)
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the splash shade as i think it will work quite well with my bronze-ish skin tone :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig