Beauty Without Fuss

Tuesday 20 April 2010

Estee Lauder - Bronze Goddess


After my utter disaster with the Estee Lauder Michael Kors collection, I made darn sure I got my hands on this one! I think Estee Lauder are doing really interesting and exciting things at the moment, and this collection confirms it.

Let's have a look at some swatches, I'll start with the eyeshadows:
There are four eyeshadows in this collection, Sand Shimmer, Ultra Violet, Aqua Flash and Molten Bronze.  Sadly, I didn't receive Molten Bronze, so that's why it's not swatched here.  These are intensely pigmented, and will cover your entire eyelid in one swipe of the does-foot applicator.  They can, however, look a little crepe-y if applied too heavily, so I recommend a light hand on the application, and you can sheer them out with your fingertips if you prefer.  However, these last and last, once they're in place!  You will not need a primer, as these shadows are not going anywhere!  I washed this hand three times with soap and water and it still bears traces of the swatches! They will come off very easily with an oily cleanser though, don't worry, you're not going to be stuck with aqua eyelids till the end of time ...

LOVE these lipglosses!  Gloriously fluorescent in the tube, they give lovely sheer brightness to the lips.  The pink (Wild Orchid) has a beautiful blue micro-shimmer to it, and the orange (Wild Coral) has golden micro-shimmers, both of which you'll be able to see more easily if you click on the picture to enlarge it.  Neither feel gritty on the lips, and they last about as well as your average lipgloss.  One thing I will say, is that you don't get as much in the tube as it looks like you do, as you'll see from the top right of the pic - the label fell off mine!


I think, however, that this is the piece I'll be going back for backups of - at least two, I think.  This is the "Exotic Bronzing Blush" and as well as being really cute - have to love those zebra stripes of colour! - it's actually great for giving you a touch of sunkissed colour, without being as "flat" as a traditional bronzer.  Slightly (but not overly) sparkling, it's a real gem.










This is very pretty, a deep, dark purple shade of polish, with pink glitter, it's really very lovely ("Oh, that is super!" MrLippie), it's a trifle on the thick side, almost gloopy, but it's very glossy and beautifully sparkly on the nails.  The wear isn't the greatest I've ever seen (two days maximum without chipping) but it's one of those shades that keeps catching your eye, and just demands that you look at it.  I forgive it all the problems for that.  And I, for one, love the Lauder polish bottles!

I'll be honest, I've not actually plucked up the courage to use this on my face yet (and anyone who read my last post on Zuneta last week will know why!) but it's a wash-off bronzing gel, which, as you can see from my hands there does leave you with a natural-looking glow.


I'll see if I can actually get over myself a little bit soon, and use it in a FotD!




So, as you can see, a wide range of products, some good, some great, but all useable, I think.  W|hat's caught your eye?


Small Print: These products were provided by PR.  Opinions free and unsullied, yadda yadda, yadda. No cake was harmed in the making of this post.
Share:

12 comments

  1. Love the look of the bronze blush and the nail varnish but the lip gloss shades look a little too scary for me. (which means they will be the ones I try haha!)Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE to get that bronzing blush!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of this collection!!!!! perfect shades for summer, I want it now!.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. for some reason this collection does't really appeal to me - i think they are just not my colours. and i really didn't like the advert for it as well. the bronzing gel looks fab however and i do like the nail polish too.
    amina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pink lipgloss! How much is it?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bronzing blush reminds me of the Too Faced Leopard one! I like the lipglosses, although the pink reminds me a little of MAC Electric Fuschia. Kinda. That polish is stunning though. :)

    Kelly x

    http://jellyminxthinks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually really excited by the Aqua Flash, the lipglosses and nail polish, which says a lot because Estee Lauder usually bores me to death!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh...Aqua Flash is a bit tasty! I haven't bought anything from Estee Lauder for years. I'll definately be taking a look at the liquid eyeshadows.

    That's a bit of crafty trick with the lipglosses...colours are still lovely though! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh those glosses look divine - particularly the red one.

    I agree about the bronzing blush being similar to the Too Faced leopard one in looks too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK. I think I need that nail polish. and the blue creme shadow is just an accident waiting to happen on some MU challenged soul.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your comments, everyone! I'll be posting up an FotD with (some) of these shades later this week, so you can take a more in-depth look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the aqua flash colour - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig